Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I Found My Happy Place


With the help of a friend at work today, I was able to get through the anger and frustration and find my Happy place. Just look at how Happy my Ronald Reagan picture made me.

I know that God is in control, but it isn't easy to accept something that I feel is so wrong for my country. I guess I have become too focused on this world, which is truly not my home. God please give me true focus on your kingdom and help me to accept and adapt to what the world puts into my current every day life.

Thanks to all of my friends who have reminded me today that God truly is in control. I found a passage that I love just now, and I will leave it for you to ponder as well.

Psalms 61:1-4

1 Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
2 From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
4 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah

All I have for you today is that .5 cent thought!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that is how you feel. I respect you but a little continuity please! I believe strongly that we are not of "this" world but if God is in control and not a President. Then why are you holding a picture of Ronald Reagan?

Anonymous said...

"Then why are you holding a picture of Ronald Reagan?"

Good grief. What a stupid question? Are people really this dumb or is it a "democ...rat" moment?

Anonymous said...

Please don't think of this question as a matter of party association. I was not rude to you, I asked a question. I believe the question is a matter of continuity. I asked why you were holding a picture of Ronald Reagan because you stated,"God please give me true focus on your kingdom and help me to accept and adapt to what the world puts into my current every day life."

I'm just curious ... God and Ronald Reagan ... what do they have in common?

Knucklehead said...

I haven't posted a response till now. I log in when I do. I'm not sure who wrote that quite funny reply! If you don't know Why I am holding a picture of Ronald Reagan, you haven't been paying attention. He was one of the greatest Presidents we have ever had, and the one most closely alligned with my beliefs and political views. The picture was simply symbolic of a time in my life where I felt like the country was where I and to a greater degree God would want it. Unlike the next 4 years. They are 2 separate parts of the post though. My flesh wants another Ronald Reagan, but my redeemed soul wants to long for my true home with God. I struggle to remain focused (my fault) on God at times when I am bombarded with things that go so drastically contrary to his word almost continually now.

So this post was simply a statement of both my admiration of Ronnie, and of my need to remain less focused on this world and more focused on the one to come.

Hope that helps

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I believe we all struggle with that, you are no different nor am I. Thank you.