Thursday, January 05, 2006

Quick College Football Gripes

OK, I stayed up until 1am to watch one of the best football games I've ever seen and the best individual college performance I've ever seen. The Texas vs. USC match-up is the first game to live up to the Hype in a long time. Unbelievably, I still have a short list of Gripes. So, Here goes.
  1. Keith Jackson? What was up with that? Keith, my friend, I feel the same way about you as I do Bret Favre. You have both had tremendous runs as the best at what you do, but it is time to hang it up. I've never heard a play-by-play guy make so many mis-statements in my life. And what is with the "times out" deal? You will always be remembered, but please stay off of my TV.
  2. Bowl Officiating? Was this not the worst case of bowl game officiating ever? It was horrable all around. So why did I think the National Championship game under the not so watchful eye of the NCAA would be any different.? Thank goodness that those horrable calls didn't ruin the outcome of the game. My wife said to me "they sure are having to review a lot of calls". That is because there were so many bad ones. What a disgrace. I wish the NCAA would pay some attention to the officiating issues and not spend so much time worrying about a coach who bough a recruit a donut at Saint Wigwaam University.
  3. The unfairness of the media hype machine- You got a good look last night at what I've been saying the whole year. Vince Young, not Reggie Bush, should have won the Hiesman Trophy. Texas gets so much less publicity and game exposure than USC that everyone thinks Reggie Bush is the end all be all and Vince Young is just OK. Last night Vince young proved his point and vaulted himself ahead of Leinert if he comes out for the draft. I'll even say that Houston has to take a second look at Vince Young over David Carr instead of just simply defalting to Reggie Bush.
  4. Dan Fouts doesn't get enough credit as a Color guy. He did a great job last night.
  5. 4-1 Pete Carroll doesn't look so Brilliant. Where was Reggie Bush (Decoy or otherwise) on that 4-1 play at the end. It made the offence very one dimensional and easy to stop. Bad call Pete.
  6. Matt Leinert Can't run.
  7. The stupid games start too late. Start them at 7pm so I can get to bed before too late. Now I'm tired, grumpy, and mean. Wait, that is not exclusive to today! Sorry!
  8. That's my 2.1 cents!

No comments: