Friday, January 20, 2006

Get used to it!

I've heard a lot of complaining and griping over the past 4 to 6 months about the price of gas going up, up, up. Up until a few weeks ago I was one of the loudest shouters (who me, and I'm usually so quiet). Then oil drilling in the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge was voted down by Congress yet again. I just can't believe that the Republicans have a majority and still can't sneak this one through. It is one of the most important domestic economic issues to ever face our country, and yet political pressure groups have so much power and influence that it may never pass. We have the worst case of politicians who are in the pockets of lobby groups we've ever seen. The Congress is no longer lead by the best interests of their constituency, but by what is the best for their continued political power and $ Gain $.

Today the Oil prices went up yet again, and they are quickly headed to where they were after Hurricane Katrina. All I'm saying is don't expect Congress or even the President to get as upset as we are and actually do something about it. Because while we're making our measily salary and living month to month, they are sitting there in their multi-million dollar houses with their madea and nannies asking what the problem is. So stop worrying and losing sleep, because your representative sure isn't.

That's my 2 cents!

No comments: