Friday, April 11, 2008

The words "My Jesus" spoken on Idol???

So I got home really late last night, and when I walked in the front door, my wife said "you aren't going to believe this." So she pushes play on the TIVO and I hear Ryan Seacrest say "with 'shout to the Lord' it's your top 8 ladies and gentlemen." She was right I didn't believe it. They started the music and I was shocked as the words "MY JESUS MY SAVIOR" came out clear as a bell on the most watched show in America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6G0U8Vg6nY). Now, I've since heard (and seen) that they also performed the song at the conclusion of Wednesday night's show, but that part didn't air due to time constraints. Interestingly, that Wednesday night version had them saying "My Sheppard, My Savior", (http://www.idolstalker.com/american-idol-top-8-shout-to-the-lord/) and then the one that actually aired changed to Jesus.

Scarlet and I discussed for a minute about whether any of them even understood or meant any of the words. Then we both realized that it didn't matter. Millions of people (lot's of un-churched folks) were hearing a blatant praise song to Jesus my Savior. What a powerful moment. I don't know if they were throwing us a bone, patronizing us, or trying to capitolize on the popularity of Praise and Worship music; but I am so glad they chose the song and performed it well.

Praise the Lord!

That is my Shock and Awe 2 cents!

No comments: